The French Embassy is recruiting [fr]
If you are an avid consumer of news, a lover of the Estonian Political Scene, interested by Social networks and traditional Medias, Communication and Public Relations, we would like to meet you! Your skills will help us further strengthen the monitoring of the Press and the political activities of Estonia and to increase the French Embassy’s audience on social media platforms.
THE FRENCH EMBASSY
We are representing the French Government in Estonia: France today is one of the largest and most influential countries among European nations. It plays an influential global role as a permanent member of the United Nations Security Council, NATO, the G-7, the G-20, the EU, the Francophonie and other multilateral organizations.
As the Press Officer you will mostly monitor the news and brief the Diplomatic Chancery. You will be part of a team (3 people including you) == your closest colleague (the Translator) and a French trainee (present usually several month/year) == under the direct supervision of the Deputy Head of Mission. You might also help develop advocacy strategies on key issues for France in Estonia. To do so, you will work closely with the Diplomats of the Embassy and relevant external partners.
The main tasks include:
- Monitoring of the Social media and Press (daily);
- Briefing the French Diplomats at the Embassy (daily)
- Maintaining and developing contacts with the media;
- Maintaining the website;
- Engaging with and increasing the French Embassy’s audience on social media platforms;
- Ensuring the quality of the Embassy’s outputs;
- Increasing the French Embassy visibility and strengthening its existing communications capacity.
What does it take to succeed in this role? We are looking for a candidate who:
- is fluent in Estonian (native or near-native level), English (C1) and has advanced writing and editing skills in those languages;
- French and Russian highly desirable;
- Understanding of how a Government and a Governmental institution work;
- Thorough knowledge of the media landscape and of policy-makers and influencers;
- Understanding of new methods of communication;
- Knowledge of Photography and Photoshop or willing to learn;
- Confidentiality and security oriented
- Dynamic, flexible, results-oriented.
WHAT WE OFFER?
We offer a salary of € 1 569 gross monthly salary and competitive advantages
HOW CAN YOU APPLY?
You can apply by sending your CV and a cover letter (in French or English) to firstname.lastname@example.org Please mention “Press Officer” in the subject.
Your cover letter (maximum two pages) should outline your suitability and motivation for the post. It should explicitly reference how your profile matches the different job requirements described above. Please also include with your application the names and contact details of two people (ideally a current or former supervisor) who could provide a reference in case you are short-listed for interview.
The position is open until filled. Applications will be accepted until a qualified candidate is selected, at which time the recruitment will be closed.
PROTECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
The personal data (CV, motivation letter, etc.) you communicate to the French Embassy will be registered and stored in our database and our paper archives.