Both in France and around the world via its development and solidarity policy, France is fully committed to achieving all 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) by 2030.
The 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) establish the universal roadmap for sustainable development for 2030 which was adopted by the international community in 2015.
France will focus on five key themes :
- Planet : protect the planet from degradation
- People : end poverty and hunger to ensure that all human beings can fulfil their potential in dignity and equality
- Prosperity : ensure that economic, social and technological progress occurs in harmony with nature
- Peace : foster peaceful, just and inclusive societies
- Partnerships : implement a Global Partnership for Sustainable Development
Further information: How France is working to achieve the SDGs
French diplomatic representations are also setting an example as regards sustainable development with the “Green Embassies” project. This project, which was launched in 2015 ahead of COP21, is a comprehensive and gradual approach to reducing the environmental footprint of French diplomatic representations abroad.
A week promoting the 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)
European Sustainable Development Week (ESDW), which takes place annually from 30 May to 5 June, aims to facilitate various forms of individual and group activities, projects and events to promote and raise awareness about sustainable development issues.
This year, the ESDW will help promote the 17 SDGs comprising the universal roadmap for sustainable development for 2030 which was adopted by the international community in 2015.
In 2016, over 300,000 people across 38 EU and non-EU States took part in 4,146 initiatives, activities and events, 1,661 of which were held in France.
En savoir plus
Sustainable Development Goals
European Sustainable Development Week